TNdsm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNdsm

Home to the TN dsm/evo community.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!

Go down 
+5
Jankenster
Deceptive GST
evo85
blackmount
iwanagofast
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iwanagofast
Admin
iwanagofast

Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! Empty
PostSubject: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyThu 10 Jun 2010, 2:09 pm

TNrace.net - Home of Tennesse's TUFFEST street cars.

650rwhp Z06 vs 700awhp EVO

Fun Runs
Back to top Go down
http://www.tndsm.net
blackmount

blackmount

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 8:40 pm

Damn me and not having sound!!
Back to top Go down
evo85

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010, 9:29 pm

Nice those are some fast cars
Back to top Go down
Deceptive GST

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 12:41 pm

Those are some nice cars but, no way that was 185mph! I have graced 150mph+ numerous times and can tell you that they lifted around 120.
Back to top Go down
iwanagofast
Admin
iwanagofast

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 12:48 pm

Deceptive GST wrote:
Those are some nice cars but, no way that was 185mph! I have graced 150mph+ numerous times and can tell you that they lifted around 120.

So you are telling me a 700+awhp evo in 5th gear is around 120mph? and same goes for the z06... wow you are a dumbass. If you want to test it I can arrange a ride in either car! but there will be a wager for money $$ lol!
Back to top Go down
Deceptive GST

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 1:00 pm

I can do 40mph in 5th gear in an EVO. What gear he was in means nothing. Give me a list of mods, dyno sheet, RPM, gear ratio, and a shot of the speedo and then I will believe it. I can sit there and tell you I did 200mph in a Metro. Unless I show proof then it is just internet BS. Sorry, I am not calling you a liar. But, too many internet racers in the world trying to pass off for faster than wht they have. Not to mention, the EVO MR only shows 170 on the Speedo. Granted, you can go off the Z06 speedo but, they were never really side by side to get a proven speed of both cars. On second inspection on the video I can give them 140ish. But, no way 185.
Back to top Go down
iwanagofast
Admin
iwanagofast

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

Deceptive GST wrote:
I can do 40mph in 5th gear in an EVO. What gear he was in means nothing. Give me a list of mods, dyno sheet, RPM, gear ratio, and a shot of the speedo and then I will believe it. I can sit there and tell you I did 200mph in a Metro. Unless I show proof then it is just internet BS. Sorry, I am not calling you a liar. But, too many internet racers in the world trying to pass off for faster than wht they have. Not to mention, the EVO MR only shows 170 on the Speedo. Granted, you can go off the Z06 speedo but, they were never really side by side to get a proven speed of both cars.

First of all he isn't a internet racer at all, I told him about your comment but I doubt he will get on here and post anything other than come find out for yourself in a race. You have obviously never been in a fast car and do not know the difference between your mustang and a 700awhp evo.. the acceleration is totally different, and it doesn't take 5 years to get to 120.

Even my little talon would get up to 120 without even pushing it.. and 150 before I knew it.. I was only making 450ish..

His mods
-AMS 850r kit
-Built Motor
-Shep Trans
-yatta yatta

It makes 700+awhp on 110.
Back to top Go down
Deceptive GST

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 1:21 pm

I never said that he could not hit 185. I stated that that was not 185mph in the video. I am also fully aware that the acceleration is different between a car like my Mustang and even a stock EVO. I am not some 16yr old who is new to cars. I am just stating that it was not 185mph in that video. As far as never being in a fast car, that makes me laugh so hard it tickles my scrotum. You are making assumptions about a person that you have never met. I am not doubting that a 700awhp EVO can hit 185. The comment I made was doubting that the speed on that video was 185 not that the EVO could hit 185. I saw the videos of your DSM also. That has proof of the times run, show me a shot of the speedo in that race and I will say I was wrong. But please, do not go twisting what I say. And while you are checking these posts so quickly, a few of the runs you made look like they were at Music City Raceway?

Like I said, I am not attempting to down play the speed of the EVO, just the speed in that video. Trust me, I know how fast those bastards are. I got a warning on a post on the Mustang site I belong to because I gave hell to one of the sites Moderators for his rants on calling DSMs ricers and saying they are slow. Evidently he popped off at the mouth on another site and some DSM guy called him out and then weaseled his way out with excuses.
Back to top Go down
iwanagofast
Admin
iwanagofast

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 1:33 pm

There are not any videos of my car out there, that I am aware of? I know there is one of my racing on 24 but thats the only video I know about. Like I said, I can arrange a ride in the evo if you doubt it. They didn't look at the speedo so obviously we cannot know for sure

From riding in the car a few times I can say it was damn near close to 185, the car spins all 4 tires from a roll, its pretty insane for the amount of power it has. There is no shit talk rules on here, so feel free to shit talk any of the mods.
Back to top Go down
Deceptive GST

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 1:45 pm

I have no doubt it can spin all 4. I want an EVO but, refuse to give up the Mustang. Once I get my next degree finished, I plan on owning a few more cars. Trust me, I am not one of those Mustang owners that thinks everything else is slow. As far as bashing a Mod, unless there is a need like that guy, I am not going to do it. I would not mind a ride in the EVO. I drove a 911 Turbo years back along with a $30k car and make it beat a $100K car.

Maybe it was somebody elses video, I thought it was yours on here. Just different posts.

They were moving in a motivated rate of speed in that video though, I will give them that. I have tried to stay sane as I go t rid of my Radar Detector. I need a new one.
Back to top Go down
iwanagofast
Admin
iwanagofast

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 1:49 pm

Deceptive GST wrote:
I have no doubt it can spin all 4. I want an EVO but, refuse to give up the Mustang. Once I get my next degree finished, I plan on owning a few more cars. Trust me, I am not one of those Mustang owners that thinks everything else is slow. As far as bashing a Mod, unless there is a need like that guy, I am not going to do it. I would not mind a ride in the EVO. I drove a 911 Turbo years back along with a $30k car and make it beat a $100K car.

Maybe it was somebody elses video, I thought it was yours on here. Just different posts.

They were moving in a motivated rate of speed in that video though, I will give them that. I have tried to stay sane as I go t rid of my Radar Detector. I need a new one.

Hell it may be idk.. I know I posted a video I made of Jesse's old black talon that ran pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Jankenster

Jankenster

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptySun 13 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

the evo is most def fast, broke all four loose at 65mph, and gets to 5th real quick.
Back to top Go down
850revo9

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:09 pm

Deceptive GST wrote:

120 mph r u serious man. when i let off the nedle had passed 170 on the evo, and i asked the guy on the Z how fast did we go and he told me 180+ if you believe or not i dont care!!
Back to top Go down
blackmount

blackmount

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:12 am

I'm a total Street Racing Video Whore....I definetly say that way well above AT LEAST 150, I do not doubt they were doin 180ish.

hell, I've burried the needle on my practically stock DSM @ 15 PSI
Back to top Go down
Deceptive GST

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:40 pm

Quote :
120 mph r u serious man. when i let off the nedle had passed 170 on the evo, and i asked the guy on the Z how fast did we go and he told me 180+ if you believe or not i dont care!!

Look, I am not saying nor have I said the car could not go 185. I was stating that in the video, it did not look like 185. I fully admit, 120mph was shy of what it seemed as if you were doing. Keeping up with a Z06 is no small task. The fact that you both missed a gear also added to my doubt of 185. If the guy in the Z06 says it was then ok. You do have, from what I did see a nice EVO. I would not mind an MR.
Back to top Go down
iwanagofast
Admin
iwanagofast

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:52 pm

the z06 is also supercharged... lol
Back to top Go down
Deceptive GST

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 5:01 pm

Is it the new Factory SC Z06? Or is that the ZR1 that is supposed to be SC from the factory?
Back to top Go down
iwanagofast
Admin
iwanagofast

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

your thinking about the zr1
Back to top Go down
blackmount

blackmount

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 10:07 pm

Quote :

Keeping up with a Z06 is no small task.

especially one with 650rwhp
Back to top Go down
Deceptive GST

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 6:46 am

I can acknowledge fast Nissans, Toyotas, Mazdas, there is just something about Chevy that I hate. Maybe it is the love of Mustangs in me. I can say that they are impressive but, it does not get me interested like even a Mustang, DSM, EVO, WRX with bolt ons does. IDK???? Personally, I cannot wait ti buy my Fox Body Coupe. I want to do a 427 F/I with Twin 56-62MM Turbos. And then go looking for Vipers and Vettes.
Back to top Go down
black99gst7

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 4:14 pm

Deceptive GST wrote:
I never said that he could not hit 185. I stated that that was not 185mph in the video. I am also fully aware that the acceleration is different between a car like my Mustang and even a stock EVO. I am not some 16yr old who is new to cars. I am just stating that it was not 185mph in that video. As far as never being in a fast car, that makes me laugh so hard it tickles my scrotum. You are making assumptions about a person that you have never met. I am not doubting that a 700awhp EVO can hit 185. The comment I made was doubting that the speed on that video was 185 not that the EVO could hit 185. I saw the videos of your DSM also. That has proof of the times run, show me a shot of the speedo in that race and I will say I was wrong. But please, do not go twisting what I say. And while you are checking these posts so quickly, a few of the runs you made look like they were at Music City Raceway?

Like I said, I am not attempting to down play the speed of the EVO, just the speed in that video. Trust me, I know how fast those bastards are. I got a warning on a post on the Mustang site I belong to because I gave hell to one of the sites Moderators for his rants on calling DSMs ricers and saying they are slow. Evidently he popped off at the mouth on another site and some DSM guy called him out and then weaseled his way out with excuses.
Hmmmm..... if the guys mane was wyatterp and he had a 02 gt an now a 03 cobra... that dsm guy was me lol. And very nice z06 and Omar's evo seems pretty fast as well
Back to top Go down
Deceptive GST

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 5:48 pm

No, not you BlackGST. It is nice to see another guy with a Mustang on here. I do not understand why some people think you have to like one or the other (4cyl or V8). Personally, they all provide joys of driving that the other cannot. I get a little grin when I come on boost even though it is stock T25. Also, get a grin when I drop the hammer in the Mustang and there is all that Torque. My name on TNMustangClub is Deceptive GT.
Back to top Go down
blackmount

blackmount

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 11:46 pm

Deceptive GST wrote:
I can acknowledge fast Nissans, Toyotas, Mazdas, there is just something about Chevy that I hate. Maybe it is the love of Mustangs in me. I can say that they are impressive but, it does not get me interested like even a Mustang, DSM, EVO, WRX with bolt ons does. IDK???? Personally, I cannot wait ti buy my Fox Body Coupe. I want to do a 427 F/I with Twin 56-62MM Turbos. And then go looking for Vipers and Vettes.

Same here.

Never liked Chevy no matter how fast except for 1 particular Smile (86 Monte Carlo SS)

Chevy I can appreciate a well built one but Never Will own one (Except a 86 Monte Carlo SS) Don't like Most GM's but older ones and then the select few like That Supercharged Cavalier at B+C, the Pontiac Solstice GXP (kinda) and then I'm big fan of the Saturn Sky Redline especially with the one that has the upgraded turbo option

Otherwise I'm Ford and Dodge Smile
Back to top Go down
4g63tftw

4g63tftw

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010, 2:45 am

i actually favor alot of old gms like the gto, grand national and the old split back corvette stingray

idk ive always liked the old sb and bb 350s and sb and bb 400s..but i lost interest when they went fuel injection because that was around the time gm went to shit

my dad has been wanting to get a hold of an old pontiac lemans and put a built wildcat in it that woulda been a sick build..

and ever since the day i kept up with a 5.0 mustang with a non turbo dsm i lost interest in mustangs...though i wouldnt mind getting hold of a v6 mustang fox body and tt it

i also seem to favor alot of the mazda rotory and toyota/pontiac m/r engine setup cars like the fiero and mr2

all in all really i like a good car but just now adays theres really nothing out there anymore that catches my eye like a good dsm

i guess in english i love alot of cars but dsm is still my home cherry
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000464581236
purpledizzy90

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010, 11:02 am

as far as i know lol all 350 and 400's made by chevy were small block no such thing as a big block 350 or 400.

ford made a big block 400 its the same block that a 351m is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!   Another one from the TNrace.net Boys! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another one from the TNrace.net Boys!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next